Sunday 28 July 2013

Music : 1,2,3,4........ Get on the dance floor :))

I’m just an average looking Punjabi girl who used to refuse to listen, any kind of music. It’s one of those things that in part, I kind of couldn’t explain… like, why do I hate the orange? Why do I like Maggie but not pasta? It’s just a certain taste that I’ve came to acquire.

But year back, a friend convinced me to go to this local show with her. As I wasn't inclined towards music a lot I refused, but I had to agree as she called me around 10 times, a day before. The music which I witnessed that day really changed my view towards music. Now I have this weird kind of music-lyric thing where if someone quotes lyrics from a song that I know, I have to say the next line, it’s almost a compulsion. Sometimes I just say it in my head, but I often blurt it out. One thing I usually do not do is sing it. As someone who can’t sing, can’t rap, can’t read music, and can only play the piano on a basic level, all I can really be is a fan, but music is still an important part of my life. I am not a music snob, I can appreciate anything that moves me in any way, no matter the genre. Although it does annoy me to an end when songs that I hate start playing on my brain radio, I guess I need to get a better DJ up in here!!! :)
One of the best things about music is that it can transport you to another place and time. Would soothe you to that extent when you start feeling relaxed and calm.
Some of my favorite songs:
(listen these songs i'm sure you would love it):



 
                             
                                          


        Poem dedicated to my new passion towards music:
                               I have started loving music,
                    I love the way it can make me feel with my different moods.
                                        When I am sad ,I put it on lay in bed
                           and I feel every word till the tears sting my eyes
                                                  but I still refuse to cry.
                              When I am high I love to hear certain tunes,
                            ones that make me want to get up and dance
                                           till i cannot dance any more.
                                     I feel the energy run through me,
                 I feel that buzz my heart beats so fast i feel my body sway.
                            It is amazing how music can make you feel

No comments: